Dewalt DCD985M2 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Premium 3-Speed 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill Kit (4 Ah)Model: dewndcd985m2
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DCD985M2 20V MAX Lithium-Ion Premium 3-Speed 1/2 in. Cordless Hammer Drill Kit (4 Ah)
- DeWalt 20V MAX Lithium-Ion batteries offer longer tool runtime and enhanced durability
- Three-speed all-metal transmission matches the tool to task for fastest application speed and improved run time
- Heavy-duty 1/2 in. metal ratcheting chuck with carbide inserts provides superior bit gripping strength
- LED light with 20 second delay after trigger release illuminates dimly lit work areas
- High efficiency motor delivers 535 unit watts out of max power for superior performance in all drilling and fastening applications
- Hammer drilling action provides up to 35,000 BPM for superior concrete drilling performance
- Improved pistol grip design providing greater application control and maximum comfort
- 20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 1/2 in. Premium 3-Speed Hammer Drill - DCD985M2
- (2) 20V MAX 4.0 Ah Lithium-Ion Batteries
- Carrying Case
3 months ago
Only two complaints: 1.The key-less chuck is the most serious issue. It fails to live up to the tools otherwise quality standard. The chuck is rather cheaply made, allows drills to slip, (ruining the shank of expensive drill bits with a gouge or burr or worse, allowing the bit to fly out of the chuck when you release the trigger and self-braking effect of the tool stops the chuck rapidly. You also need to be careful when tightening the chuck with bare hands, (as most do in construction). The lightly knurled metal outer portion you grip will yield a nice "friction burn" if you grip it hard to tighten larger bits. The drill is very powerful. And you DO need to grip it hard to tighten down on larger bits to prevent the above issue. (I took this tool back and exchanged it for another, since I thought it might be a defective chuck. The second tool had the exact same issue). 2. This drill, and many others, also need the small rubberized pads on each side, (like on the impact driver drills), to prevent the tool from slipping on
angled surfaces like roofs, etc.
I'm giving this 4 stars only because of the chuck, (which is a very important part of the tool). Overall, a very good tool if the chuck issue was addressed.
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund - no questions asked.