Dewalt DCR018 12V-20V MAX Compact Worksite RadioModel: dewndcr018
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DCR018 12V-20V MAX Compact Worksite Radio
- The cordless radio function runs off 18V Ni-Cd / Lithium-Ion, 12V Max, or 20V Max DeWalt batteries making it compatible with DeWalt's largest systems of batteries
- AC/DC power allowing the flexibility to be powered by AC power cord or DeWalt power tool batteries
- Device storage box protects digital audio devices from jobsite debris and damage
- USB power port allows devices to be charged via USB when radio is plugged into AC wall outlet or when running off DEWALT battery pack
- 3.5mm Auxiliary input allows for connection to CD, MP3, portable satellite receivers and other digital audio devices
- Heavy duty design with roll cage increases durability to withstand jobsite abuse
- Weather sealed charger door opens easily for fast battery changes
- 12V-20V MAX Compact Worksite Radio - DCR018
- Battery and Charger Sold Separately
CREATE YOUR OWN KIT :
It does not charge either style battery.
The sound is poor.
The radio receiver is weak.
And to top it all off, I have had it less than two years and the volume knob has failed. Spin the knob up and the volume level may increase or decrease it you spin and mess with it long enough. Worthless. Apparently you cant service or replace the knob either. Dewalt is my choice for durable dependable work tools, this radio is neither. Disappointed.
Plays from external source through AUX cable, will charge your USB device. Good FM & AM reception.
If your looking for a rugged, portable, affordable radio then this is the one.
If your looking for Bluetooth, MP3 player, stereo boom box, spend the extra $100 and get the next model up.
Hope that helps anyone with the same issue get back to enjoying their otherwise fantastic radio!
(pros)- compact and easy to travel, and can use 18 and 20 V batteries. Decent price.
(Cons)- Terrible sound quality. Muffled sound and no EQ, The farther you get from it the harder it is to make out lyrics. Does not charge batteries, but looks like it would or should. No bluetooth capability and no power outlet like other dewalt radios. Also cant charge your Iphone 7 or higher while plugged into the headphone jack even if plugged into a power outlet.
Q & A :
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund - no questions asked.