Dewalt DWS520SK 6-1/2 in. TrackSaw Kit with 59 in. TrackModel: dewndws520sk
We’re sorry, but this item is no longer available.
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DWS520SK 6-1/2 in. TrackSaw Kit with 59 in. Track
- Straight Plunge Mechanism - Non-pivoting, parallel-link mechanism for optimal ergonomics
- Continuous Anti-Kickback - Prevents kickback when engaged
- Hi-Power Motor - 12A, 1,300 Watts effortlessly cuts hard wood up to 2-1/8 in.
- Flat Blade Guard - Low profile blade guard allows saw to be used in confined spaces
- Dust Management - Universal 1-1/4 in. dust port gives a 90% dust extraction capability. Compatible with the DEWALT dust management system.
- Zero-Clearance Anti-Splinter Edges - Edges indicate actual cut location. Provides splinter free cuts.
- Dual Edge Track System - Provides perfectly straight cuts. Dual edge design works in both directions.
- This item may ship in the original manufacturer's packaging.
- 6-1/2 in. Corded TrackSaw - DWS520K
- 59 in. Track
- 6-1/2 in. 48 Tooth Precision Ground Blade (20mm arbor) - DW5258
- Heavy-Duty Kit Box
over 3 years ago
over 3 years ago
I got the 59" and 46" tracks and a connector bar, and connecting the two lengths works for ripping 8' sheets of plywood, but only after some tedious adjustment. Once they're connected, the tracks stay in alignment (assuming you don't bang them around). You have to trim the rubber slitter guard at the ends of the adjoining tracks, and even then, the tracks aren't perfectly matched, so you have to use an accurate straight edge across the joint between tracks, and then adjust the connector rod. That rod goes in the back of the tracks, making it hit-or-miss to get the tracks into perfect alignment. It's possible to drill and tap the "up" side of the tracks and use 7/64" set screws, which would make it much easier to align two tracks. The alignment rod is secured by four set screws that require a 3mm Allen wrench (not supplied). A 7/64 will work but be a bit loose in the screw heads, bringing the risk of rounding them off with repeated use. If you frequently rip plywood lengthwise, buy the 105" track which is available as an accessory.
Dust extraction really works, and you really need it. Connect a standard dust extractor vacuum hose directly to the track saw's dust port.
Q & A :
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund - no questions asked.