Dewalt DW0165S 165 ft. Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance MeasurerModel: dewndw0165s
This item is temporarily out of stock. Want an email when it’s back in stock?
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DW0165S 165 ft. Bluetooth Enabled Laser Distance Measurer
- Range of 165 ft.
- Class 2 Laser Product, < 1mW Power Output, Wavelength 620-690
- Accuracy of 1/16 in. at 30 ft.
- Area & volume calculations
- Compatible with DEWALT's Tool Connect app to capture measurements, markup photos and create and export projects
- Touch pad control panel
- Large color screen
- 3 year limited warranty/1 year free service contract/90 day money back guarantee
- AAA Batteries
- Quick Start Guide
Good array of software features.
- Mountable to standard 1/4-20 threads.
- Decent little case included
- Shows current angle from level while measuring distance.
- Extra features: Measures angles with internal IMS, and can calculate hypotenuse/volume/differences/and e.g. distance from top of picture frame to ceiling (i.e. the difference in the cosines of two angles).
- Can store measurements in the app via what I assume is Bluetooth LE (easy pairing) :) , but it requires an account on the app :(
- Display rotates when unit is sideways.
- Runs on 3 AAAs
- O-ring on battery compartment.
- As the buttons are what feel like metal dome membrane switches, pressing the button can sometimes affect where you're pointing the laser at the moment of measurement. Maybe add an option for a delay?
- Hook/extension (for measuring corners and ledges) is really thin ABS plastic. Be careful when deploying it. This part should be made of steel, or thicker plastic.
- Can't turn it on without engaging the laser first (e.g. to change a setting or measure an angle)
- Not magnetic.
Possible Improvements to look forward to:
- Magnetic sides.
- Softer buttons.
- Steel hook.
- Tactile bumps on keys so you know which one you're pressing without looking.
1 year ago