Dewalt DCV580 18V/20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum (Tool Only)Model: dewndcv580
Product Features & specs :
Dewalt DCV580 18V/20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum (Tool Only)
- Cordless operation powered by either an 18V or 20V MAX battery
- Easily accessible and washable filter can be rinsed for quick reuse
- On-board hose and accessory storage makes the vacuum easy to transport
- 2 gallon tank capacity provides enough storage to empty a toilet or clogged pipe
- Heavy-duty crush-resistant 5 ft. x 1-1/4 in. hose provides durability, flexibility and ease-of-use
- 18V-20V MAX Cordless Lithium-Ion 2 Gallon Wet/Dry Vacuum - DCV580
- 5 ft. x 1-1/4 in. Crush Resistant Hose
- Wide Nozzle
- Crevice Tool
- Tool Only - Battery and Charger Sold Separately
It gets 4 stars instead of 5 because of the location of the exhaust. You have to be very mindful of where it is pointed or you will basically be putting a fan on all of the dust that you were trying to vacuum up in the first place.
- The exhaust port is on the same side as the suction port, and the hose is not very long. In order to use this without blowing your trash all over the place, you need to stretch the hose over the top of the vac... Well after a couple weeks of doing this, the end of the hose broke off. I continue to use it, and every so often the end of the hose breaks off and I have to re-attach it. This is a major PITA when trying to get work done! I do love DeWalt tools, but this one is an exception. Very poorly engineered. Unfortunately I am stuck with it since I only use DeWalt cordless tools.
I'm giving it 3 stars because after less than a year the motor stopped working today. It sounded really terrible for a few seconds then quit completely. I'm diving into the warranty process, which is something I've never had to do before with a Dewalt product. We'll see how this goes.
Q & A :
Most DEWALT® Tools purchased on or after January 1, 2004 come with a warranty package that includes:
Three-Year Limited Warranty. DEWALT will repair, without charge, any defects due to faulty materials or workmanship for three years from the date of purchase. This warranty does not cover part failure due to normal wear or tool abuse. For further detail of warranty coverage and warranty repair information, visit www.dewalt.com or call 1-800-4-DEWALT (1-800-433-9258). This warranty does not apply to accessories or damage caused where repairs have been made or attempted by others. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may have other rights which vary in certain states or provinces.
One-Year Free Service Contract. DEWALT will maintain the tool and replace worn parts caused by normal use, for free, any time during the first year after purchase.
90-Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are not completely satisfied with the performance of your DEWALT Power Tool, Laser, or Nailer for any reason, you can return it within 90 days from the date of purchase with a receipt for a full refund - no questions asked.